Thursday, October 11, 2018

Homecoming

I love homecoming. At church, it means visitors, a festive atmosphere, and food, lots of food. What's not to like?

At school it means a 5K, or two, some eating, and some really nice hours for the Greenwood Center at least one day during the week. Wednesday, we got out (were commanded to leave) at 9:00 am. How about that for good hours? or hour? I love that schedule. 

In the past, I have driven over to main campus to participate in the activities. Not this time. Three guesses as to what I did. You got it. I was in the water by 10:00 am. The 82 degree pool felt unusually cold. But I did it swimming:

3,000 straight,
8 X 50 @ 1:25 with small paddles, to 
total: 3,400 meters.

Then I went home, ate lunch, hung out with the cats, and watched In the Heat of the Night. I never watched that show much when it was a current series, but over the past six months it has become one of my favorites.

Trevor got off work early and we set up our appointment at Plate City for 2:00 pm. We hit upper back and we hit it hard doing a set of seated rows for a warmup, and then three sets to T-bar rows and four sets of lat pull downs. I also did a lot of cord work. After that, we went out for a shuffle and did 1.2 miles which is a little longer than the 1.14 I did in the 5K before I was forced to walk. So the comeback continues.

After cooling down and hydrating some, I mowed the front lawn and then called it a day. I went in and shared a whey protein shake with CC, took a bath, and then spent the remainder of the evening relaxing. 

A nice day. I love that 8:00 am to 9:00 am schedule. I only wish we got to do that more often. Maybe one day that can be my everyday hours. If so, I would be as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine.

Oh, by the way, I am losing weight. Not by leaps and bounds, but this morning the scales showed 177.6, the lowest of 2018. That is still way high, but the numbers are moving in the right direction. Running really helps that. Every shuffle is a realization of how much the extra weight hurts, and that is strong motivation not to snack when I get hungry. Thank you, Jesus, for a really nice day. I felt productive. I was productive. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment