Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday, Slowly

I posted yesterday about how excited I was that Friday was about to hit, and I wasn't on anybody's list to do anything. Today is the day. Right now, CC just crawled up into my lap after first insisting that I move the laptop to make room for her. I obliged as I always do. Her warmth, purring, and nudgings for affection are soothing, relaxing, and comforting to me. That's why I love cats so much. They bless me, and I like to be good to them. 

I didn't sleep in but got up the same time I do to go to work. But I didn't have to; it was my choice. And the excitement is still with me because I have a few things on tap for today. Despite one chore-- I need to meet the realtor at Mom's at 10:00 am-- I am happy to know that today I should pick up the weight sled I ordered at Leflore Steele. It has only been a month, but I have longed for this since the day I talked to Donny Cleveland about it. We looked at some photographs and Donny told me it was no problem. They can build anything.

Yesterday he called and asked if I could run by. I did and when I went into the office, he told someone to take me to someone else (I forgot the name). In the shop, we found a man who had already started fabrication. He had some questions, and I had some details I wanted to let him know about. I left all giddy when he told me the sled would be completed tomorrow, which is today. Can't wait.

Also, I am thinking of making a trip over Noxapater way. Facebook now has those buy, sell, and swap groups and occasionally I find some weights for sell on them. I have communicated with two individuals over that way who have metal weights for sale. I want them so I am planning to go after them. Besides that, I have family in that large town, and I always like to stop by for a visit.

Trevor told me yesterday that he can workout today, so my hope is we can play with the sled and maybe load it with some brand new used weights. What a prospect. I'm thinking the sled will be great for building sports specific strength and conditioning for my running which is slowly coming back. Yesterday I shuffled 1.35 miles after Trevor and I hit the weights. That puts me at over four miles for the week. Last week, I ran 3.8. I might hit five before the week is done seeing how I have two more days.

Another thing that has me stoked is my weight this morning was below 180 for the fourth time this week which means that's what I really weigh. It's coming down slowly, very slowly but that's how it came on so what can I expect? I'll get there.  

I guess "slowly" is the watchword. The weight is coming off slowly, I am returning to running slowly, and my enthusiasm for all things physical is returning slowly. My fitness is slowly increasing, and my dreams are slowly beginning to reemerge after a long hibernation, dreams of journey runs, long swims, and all day bicycle rides. Thank you, Jesus for blessing me "slowly."

No comments:

Post a Comment