Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Quandry

I hate them. Quandries. I'm in one now. 

I have two tickets for the Mississippi State vs Texas A&M game in Starkville this Saturday. My son, who has been trying to sell his house and buy another one, has scheduled his closing and move for this Saturday.

My wife wants me to cancel the game.

There is only one problem with this, and I am trying to figure what is the right thing to do. Ordinarily this would be automatic: I help my son, no hesitation. But here is the catch. I have made a commitment with a friend to make this game, a commitment that has been in place for months now. Don't you hate it when someone cancels on you? I will have to lose money as well as break a previous promise to help my son move. 

So what is the right thing to do?

I always felt like when you make a commitment, you keep it. Part of me says family trumps commitments, but I really am torn. What to do? I need to decide quickly so I can dump these tickets, if possible. Please, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment