Thursday, October 4, 2018

Little Pool at Night

Last night I went into the indoor pool at 7:15. Since this was my first time at night, I did not know what to expect. Would there already be someone there? Would I be able to figure how to turn on the lights? Would the lights be sufficient to keep me from bonking my head on the ends of the pool. There is only one way to answer these questions: go and find out.

It did take me a while to find the light switch. And when I waded in, I realized the water temp had been brought down a bit. A little. Without a thermometer, I was forced to rely on my skin which said, 88 degrees, down 2.5 from the last time I swam there.

I took it kind of easy. I started with a 1,100 yard warm up and then put on the small paddles. With the short course, I can use my watch without relying on predesignated workouts. I can make the 100 on 2:00 and 50s on 1:00. I can even do 75s on 1:30. I haven't gone up from there, but I can probably make 150s on 3:00 and 200s on 4:00. That gives me lots of flexibility, and makes counting easy. So I did 50s on 1:00. Ten, I did ten, which brought me to 1,600. I then did an easy 150 and called it a night since it was late, and I had to work the next day.

When I left, I never could get the door locked. This made me feel really bad because while I swam, an underwater light came on and when I left, it was still burning giving the building a strange luminescence. I thought it looked like a magnet to any kid wandering the streets. I texted Debbie when I got home (I had left my phone at the house) and told her about the door. I hope she got it locked because anyone could have gone in there. I think that door needs to be fixed immediately. If not immediately, sooner. That is a tragedy waiting to happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment