Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Beetsdown Training

Rain fell steadily and hard through the chill delta air Tuesday afternoon as I made my way out of Horton building and to my pick up truck, free at last, free at last. With the temps being what they were, an outdoor swim was out. With the rain soaked yard and equipment, a lift at Plate City was out. With the rain being as fierce as it was, a run on the roads was out. But school was in session at the Randy Beetsdown Training Academy. I planned to attend.

At home, I quickly changed clothes, washed out my goggles, grabbed my swim bag and headed to one of the several campuses of the Training Academy. This one, the indoor pool at Twin Rivers, is a new addition built especially for me to help insure that my dominance over Randy Beets continues. At the Academy, I swam

1,450
3 X 150 @ 3:00
200 easy
5 X 100 @ 2:00
200 easy
4 X 75 @ 1:25
200 easy
8 X 50 @ :57
300 easy
total: 4,000 short course yards.

That is a Beetsdown right there. Randy doesn't even believe I can do those intervals, and I am far from in shape. His Beetsdown is going to be dramatic and without mercy.

At home I pondered what to do. I went to another campus of the Beetsdown Training Academy and did a treadmill shuffle of 1.5 miles. That might still be small shuffling, but it is 100% more than I was doing a year ago. I am coming back and Randy is probably crying in the bathroom at work right now if he has read this. 

Stay tuned and praise the Lord with me as Beetsdown training continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment