Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Beetsdown Training Academy

The Randy Beetsdown Training Academy has opened. Boy howdy, has it given me a shot in the arm. I don't know if he intended to or not, but Randy awakened the sleeping midget, who is me, his athletic superior, by talking smack all over Facebook. Now, I am determined to best him at the 2019 version of Swim the Suck in Chattanooga, Tennessee next October. 

I am aware that the Suck is almost a full year away, but I am just now getting back into the training swing after a long forced layoff. So I do need the time and at my age, currently 62, I don't get in shape as fast as I used to. Yesterday, with Randy Beets in mind, I hit the indoor pool for,

1,400
23 X 50 @ :58 with small paddles
350
4 X 75 @ 1:25 with medium paddles
100
total: 3,300 yards.

I almost hate to publish this because this posting alone means Randy will probably not show up at the 2019 Suck. The interval of :58 is enough to scare Randy out of his goggles. I know this guy. He is already ruing the fact that he has fired my up. Randy could never swim short course 50s on :58. First, he could never figure how to do it and keep up with the time. Second, that is too fast for him. So Randy is already looking for a way out. Too bad, tall guy, you lose one way or the other.

Praise God. Thank you, Jesus. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Randy is not too tall to fall. He has fallen before. Thank you, Almighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment