Friday, October 5, 2018

First Mile

I can finally say I have started back running. Shuffling. Old man shuffling. But I am grateful for it.

For the past few weeks, I have been doing some little shuffles, after Trevor and I worked out, starting with .1 and working my way up. This week, I've been doing the big stuff: .5, .75, .80. After yesterday's .8, I thought, it's time, time to go for a full mile. So this morning, I went to the recycle bins and after dumping our stuff, I hit the trail for 1.05 followed my a .28 walk. That's still some pretty wimpy stuff, but it is a start, a real start, and I have no doubt now that God is granting me the ability to run again. It has been since November of 2016 that I have run. I have missed it. I need it physically as well as for what it does for my emotions.

Thank you, Lord Jesus. I will try to cherish the gift, and I hope this time not to overdo it. I'm pretty good at doing too much. For me, too much was never enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment