Thursday, October 11, 2018

Friday

Friday. For me it is first Saturday. This one, tomorrow, I am staying home. Even if the creeks rise and the town floods, I am not leaving West Monroe until I feel like it and then only to do something I want to do. On the agenda are:

Sleep. I usually don't sleep late even when I get the chance, but tomorrow morning it it nice to know I don't have to get up early or even on time. I will sleep until I feel like getting up.

Coffee. I will drink the whole pot, at my leisure Friday while I hang out with the cats and blog, read, study. Studying is not a shore when you have the leisure to do it at your own pace.

Swim. With a 51 degree night, I am unsure about the outdoor pool although I ought to do it. At the very least, I will swim the indoor pool for a few thousand yards. 

TV. I plan on watching a few episodes of In the Heat of the Night. Over the summer I sort of got hooked on that one. Now I look for it whenever I have a chance to catch it.

Weights. I plan to lift at least a little bit. I don't yet know if Trevor will be able to make it or not, but I will do a little lifting if not a lot. When T-man is gone, I usually focus on cord work, shoulders, and the Swim Pull, stuff that gives me sports specific strength. 

Weights. Besides lifting weights, I wouldn't mind purchasing some if I can find a deal on Facebook. Not that the gym needs any. But I see these posting on my phone and some of them drive me crazy. I saw one early this week that I tried to jump at, but the seller never responded to my inquiry. It was for a whole bunch of Olympic weights, benches, and dumbbells. I would make the purchase in a heartbeat, but I guess somebody beat me to it. 

Yard work. Although I finished mowing yesterday, I need to do some trimming and weed eating. I want to get the whole yard in good shape just before lay by time, which I finally believe again is approaching. It has been an unusual year for grass mowing. Usually, September means I mow three times. This year, due to the heat and over abundance of rain, I mowed three times in one week during September. If the grass has slowed yet, I can't tell it. But the 51 degree night should start the slowdown.

House repairs. I have a ton of things I need to do around West Monroe. Painting is just one of them. Maybe I can finally get back to some of that. 

In short, I am looking forward to a real day off. Friday, my day, the day God gave me. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment