Thursday, October 18, 2018

Plate City Plans

Plate City has gone through some major revisions and improvements over the summer. It is about to go through some more. Today I am supposed to receive the BAS punching system that I have wanted for years and finally ordered last week. That will be a big addition to the gym and will add to aerobic conditioning of my swimming muscles which are the ones I need to defeat Randy Beets. I am always thinking, scheming, doing new things to get in shape. That is why I have been able to beat the tall guy all these years.

Also, I have in mind to move the T-bar which right now is between the power rack and behind the Swim pull machine. The idea is to rig up a way to ride my bicycle trainer while using the Swim Pull machine. That was Trevor's idea and a good one so I am going for it. That will put me over the top in swim conditioning since will give me a chance to work on cardio and swim specific strength at the same time. I can warm up the legs while spinning, do a set of swim pulls, keep spinning, and do sets over and over until the whole body is exhausted. I can't wait for that.

In addition to those two, I am always scheming on buying more weights. I had two purchases lined up for last week but they both fell through. This Friday, I once more have two buys organized. If I can score the one up north, 428 pounds of one inch steel weights, I will be out of the buying business because we will never need anymore. That probably, however, will not stop me from scheming on the sales I see in the Facebook Buy, Sell, and Swap sites. There are some really good deals on there, and I can't help but look and dream.

Now more than anything, I just need to keep doing what I am doing, keep dropping the weight, keep working out for strength and endurance. The excess adipose tissue has been coming off very slowly, but that is the way it came on so why am I surprised? You have to keep doing the right thing over and over and eventually the payoff comes. It is all about reaping a sowing. The problem comes when we sow a little and want to reap big right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment