Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Second Cycle Started

Beetsdown training, week two, has begun. Although I hate to admit it, I did not swim Monday. It wasn't my fault, however. I had to attend a meeting in Moorhead so that took away what would have been a tremendous Beetsdown swim. I am swimming reps, intervals, and times that Randy Beets can't touch, and I am not even in top form.

I did workout with Trevor at Plate City Gym. Since we hit the bench press so hard Saturday, we decided to do benches again Tuesday in order to allow our pectoral muscles more time for recovery. Randy wouldn't know anything about that. We did upper back instead of chest and got to pet dogs the whole time with Pee Wee and Bear acting like they had never been touched.

On the cord work, (external rotations) I've reached new Beetsdown heights. I did 142 repetitions on the green cord and thirteen on the red cord. That is a record, up from the thirty reps I did when I began to focus on this vital shoulder strengthening work.

After the gym work, I had a choice of pool or road for the second workout of the day. Since Trevor and I are to run a 5K in Vardeman in less than two weeks, I chose the road and went for 2.02 miles. It felt bad, and I am still in pitiful shape shuffling along slower than twelve minutes per mile. But the fact that I am shuffling at all is is still a source of inspiration and joy to me. It makes me thankful to God that I can do it at all. When Randy lived around here, I always beat him in the road races as well as the swimming ones. Poor Randy. He was born to lose. Some people are like that. Praise God. Bless the name of the Lord. Praise Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment