Sunday, July 10, 2022

118

Saturday has come and gone and with it another week. I slept in a bit and then did the slow start thing: coffee, study, blogging, breakfast. I did not go outdoors until almost noon when I took a short 1.68-mile run. It was already pretty hot. I checked my phone when I got home and the dew point was 80. What!?!!?!?!? That is high as I remember it ever being. I am sure it has been that high before, but I don't remember it. By the time the day was over, the temperature had hit 98 and with that dew point, the heat index was 118.

Yeah, I got out in that. Why let the birds have all the fun? Plate City at least offered me some shelter from the sun. And the big fan was a necessity, like necessity to keep from dying. Literally. Since my week has been so crazy, I did push, pull, and legs. Oh yeah, full body in 118. That plus mowing the back yard and moving some concrete blocks. When it was over, I was one tired dude.

Heck no, I didn't stop there. Did you really think I would? Yes, I went to the pool, but I had little left to give the water. I swam

200 (the stopped to change some adjustments on my watch)
900 (the stopped because I am no good like that)
total: 1,100 yards

I was as done as a burnt steak and went home to crash for the rest of the night. Another really hot day survived thrived. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment