Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Old, Fat, and Out of Shape

I opened the door. The good one. And I went inside. But what I found wasn't pretty.

I went to the little pool, and immediately I did not feel well. I felt old, fat, and out of shape. Nevertheless, I swam

  1,400 28:42
  700 for time 12:05
  350 easy
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 back
  total: 2,550 yards

My times were slow, very slow. On the 700, I went through the first 100 in 1:45 and the 500 in 8:45. Remember last week I swam the 500 enroute to a 650 for 8:05. What happened? Did missing one day wreck me? My average per 100 on the 700 was 1:44. Last week on the 650 it was 1:37. Big difference. Maybe that practice will juice me up some. The only good thing about that 700 was that I negitive split it. But does that even count when the pace is way slow? I will do one more with some quality and then radical taper for Saturday's Heart O' Dixie.

Back home, I waited for the temps to come down a bit before I hit the road. Once out there, I felt old, fat, and out of shape. Penny and I took a trip over the weekend. I missed training Monday. We ate fish Monday night. Why does this always happen before an important event?

Sigh.

I shuffled for 4.3 miles. It was dreadful the way I felt and the pace I ran. I had to pick it up once to pass a walker. No. Kidding. Actually twice, and I only barely passed them.

Sigh.

Anyway, I am where I am. I will swim to the best of my ability Saturday. Or at least I pray I will. Help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment