Friday, July 29, 2022

Starting Slow and Thankful for It

It is Friday morning and instead of being out on the road running early this morning, I am in bed typing this blog post and drinking coffee. Life is good. This is what I call a slow-start day. I slept a little longer, ate breakfast a little slower, and now am in no hurry to get out the door. I will get out the door, but I'll do it when I feel like it, when the coffee pot is empty and the cats are happy. It will be hot by then. I'll deal with it.

Yesterday, I went to the pool and swam

  3,750 straight 1:11:35 (1:55)
  2 X 25 no breath 23, 23
  50 back 1:10
  total: 3,850 yards =3,518 meters

That's good swimming right there. I could swim the HOD fifteen seconds faster today than I did Saturday. I am stretching my shoulder lots and that has made all the difference.

At 6:00, I went to Plate City. Also, I bought some weed-eater string. My nephew showed me how to re-string the weed eater. I put some wire in it becuase I had no string. The wire didn't work. It broke off, immediately, even with the spool. Twice. Yesterday, I put the real string in it and went to town chopping down the jungle in the back. Our mower is being worked on.

Sigh.

I did push on the weights, and shuffled 1.22 miles on the treadmill. Between teaching, swimming, the weights, the weed eating, Pee Wee, and the running, I needed the sleep this morning. Thank you for it, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment