Tuesday, July 26, 2022

What's Need Got to Do with It?

Monday began my post Heart O' Dixie training. Sort of. I did set my alarm and was up be 4:40 a.m. I was on the road by 5:00 running slowly and looking at all the birds out that early. The birds don't play around but go to work long before most people ever think of rolling out of bed.

I ran for 6.11 miles. They were slow miles, but it was nice to see the night turn into day while I was out. The temp, 77 degrees, felt good on the bare skin of my torso. Seventy seven, by the way, is warm for a nighttime low. One night not long ago, the low was 80. What!?!?!?!

After work, I went home, ate lunch, then headed to West Point, Mississippi to pick up some weights. No, I did not need anymore weights, but believe me, need has nothing to do with it. They were so cheap that they were a deal even after I paid for gas. Otherwise, I would not have made the trip.

I came home with 320 pounds worth. Six 45s and two 25s for less than .70 per pound. Earlier, the seller had advertised somes 10s, 5s, and 2.5s. But he had sold those before I left town. 

The weight-buying trip cost me a swim. I had the choice to swim or lift when I got home but not time for both. Since I dropped all upper-body lifting last week to freshen up for the HOD, I chose Plate City and our dog Pee Wee. He loves to hang out when I lift. I also started mowing the back which needed it really bad. The mower, however, broke down on me. Sigh. At least I have someone I can call.

No comments:

Post a Comment