Thursday, July 28, 2022

Training Again

Wednesday I got cranked up with some old-fashioned training. I swam, ran, and lifted. Well, the running and lifting were together so I guess that makes two workouts not three. But I did stuff and I tried to do more stuff. I tried to weed-eat our backyard, but the wire I put in the weed eater (I didn't have real wead eater string) didn't work. I broke off at the spool almost instantly. Twice. 

Sigh.

I went by the pool after I stopped at the Center to see the ladies. I had a nice but short chat with them then did my practice. I swam

  1,100
  8 X 50 @ 57
  100 free/back by 25s
  8 X 50 @ 1:16
  100 freen/back by 25s
  4 X 25 no breath
  total: 2,200 yards = 2,010 meters

I crashed on the first set of 50s. I had not done them in a while and it showed. I needed to nail that set before HOD. If I can stay healthy, I will next year. My times on it were 45, 46, 46, 48, 50, 49, 50. Those are hand timed so really they are about two seconds faster, but still you can see that when I hit 48 seconds, it's time to call the set off. Fifty seconds is outrageous. By the way, the first two reps are at 55 and the next five are at 56. Why do I call it @ 57? Because I don't want to call it @ 55, 55, 56, 56, 56, 56, 56, 57. That's why.

With the greater rest, I held up better on the @ 1:16 set. I need to work these 50s a lot to build speed. The long interval for speed, the short interval for heart rate and lactate buffering. The long, staright swims like I did Tuesday for endurance and mitochondrial development.

I went to Plate City at 6:00 p.m. Since I missed my pull workout Tuesday, and Wednesday is leg day (night), I did both. Between sets of squats, I ran on the treadmill. I did squats, box jumps, and runs as a circuit and wound up with 1.6 miles of running to go with the 9.23 I had for the previous two days giving me 10.83 for the week.

I feel like I am training again. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment