Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Maybe Tomorrow

Tuesday was another pretty good training day. I worked, got home, and ate lunch. Then I went to the pool and did some quality for the first time in several weeks. How did that happen? It happened through training and completing Quadrathon, laziness, and general fatigue. Not only that, but I have had some mild shoulder issues. Anyway, I swam

  1,050 20:59 (2:00)
  650 for time 10:33 (1:37)
  1,050 20:35 (1:58)
  2 X 25 no breath 22, 22
  50 back 1:11
  total: 2,850 yards

Monday's mostly straight swim was to re-establish my fitness base. Tuesday, the 650 was for the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. I felt my lack of conditioning a bit. Around 400 my rear deltoid muscles and my upper lats and triceps began to hurt. Fine, that was just what I needed. I glanced at my watch off the wall after 500. I was at 8:05 which for me, swimming alone, is a pretty good time. That let me know that my fitness is not too bad. I should be able to swim in the 14 minute range at the HOD. 

I then went home and rested a bit and waited for it to get later so I could run. I went out at 6:07. That was the hottest time of the day. Yeah, the temps went from 95 at 5:00 p.m. to 96 at 6:00. Huh? It happened.

I shuffled for 7.15 miles. Not fast. Not pretty. But pretty steady. By the time I had been out there for forty minutes, the temps didn't feel too bad. The shadows are long that time of day and the sun, when it does hit you, is not like a heater anymore. 

I still did not get to lift. There are only so many hours in the day and only so much energy. This is beginning to irritate me. I need the gym.

Myabe today. Scratch that. I have to work registration in Greenwood from 3:00 unitl 6:00. !!!! Maybe tomorrow. Thank you, Jesus, for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment