Thursday, July 21, 2022

Rematch with Self

Wednesday I climbed back into the water for a rematch with myself. Tuesday's swim left me in a bit of a daze, confused, concerned. This time, I swam

  1,200 24:10
  400 for time 6:39 (1:40)
  300 easy
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 back
  total: 2,000 yards

You might notice that the structure of this practice is a lot like yesterday's. In fact, it is identical. The structure that is. The distances, however, are whittled down a bit. I cut 200 off the warmup, and 300 off the fast swim, 50 off the recovery swim following the hard effort. The rest was the same. Hence, I cut 550 yards off Tuesday's practice while still maintaining a little bit of quality, some quality that I hope wil help tune me for the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon.

Back home, you know what I did. Yeah, I waited for some cooling. It did not cool much, however, but I went out there nonetheless. At 6:00 p.m., I visited Plate City and did legs and some treadmill running. I performed a circuit of squats, box jumps, and running which I went through four times and then added a little more. After that, it was time to cool.

So, I had a pretty good day. That is likely the only time I will lift this week since I am racing Saturday. Thank you, Jesus, for the opportunity to compete and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment