Sunday, July 3, 2022

The End of the Week

I slept late. Besides drinking coffee, I did little of value. Sometimes, however, a little rest is of great value. Late morning saw me dragging out in my new Hokas for a short shuffle to finish out my first twenty-mile week in six or seven. Yeah, somehow I got sidetracked on the running, but I'm back on the road again.

Besides running, I intended to swim. Never making it to the pool, I did make it to Plate City where I did a pull and leg workout. Since I ran over nine miles Friday, I did a low volume workout for the legs. It was, however, not without some intensity pushing the low rep sets up to within twelve pounds of my personal record.

Although I am not a fan of maxing out often, I felt so good when doing deadlifts that I went ahead and got myself a new world record at 273 pounds up from my 272 of the Crazy Man Quadrathon only a month ago. Those micro plates are coming in handy.

Thus I finished up a strong week which I will write about tomorrow. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment