Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Stong[er] Pool

The best I could. I did the best I could. And it wasn't too bad.

No, I did not rise early, and after work I had to run some errands. That took some time which cut into training. But I went to the pool with an attitude. Why the attitude? Some of the guys at the Heart O' Dixie gave me a little grief about my swim time. One asked me "What happened?" So I told him. Then he berrated me for making excuses. I didn't make excuses, I answered his question.

So that put a little animus in my mind, in my heart, in my belly. If my body will hold together, next year I will show them what happened. I swam

  3,600 straight in 1:10:41

That is not a huge swim, but it is longer than anything I have done in a bit. The point is, I had a little fire inside, some new motivation. Today I plan to do some type of intervals, but once a week I will most likely do a straight swim to build that base that is so important for top swimming.

My lawn mower was broken so I did a little waiting on my man to come by. When he did, he first worked on it there then decided to take it with him. That further cut into training time. I had a choice, at that point, to lift or run. I chose to run and went 3.12 miles. 

Thus I had a pretty good day but I did not get to lift. I hope to make up for that today. Thank you, Jesus, for the lawn mower man showing up and get me that lawn mower back soon. I'm about to lose my back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment