Tuesday, July 26, 2022

7/18 - 7/24

OK, I'm back. After leaving my training diary at home yesterday, I was double-dog sure I brought it with me today. So let's take a look at what happened in my training world last week.

Monday, I did nothing. Huh? Yeah, I had forgotten that until just now when I opened the pages of this composition book and saw the word "Nothing" written beside Monday. No numbers confirmed that I made poor choices that day.

Tuesday, however, I ran 4.3 miles and swam 2,550 yards. I did not lift, because I laid off the whole week on the upper body because I was racing Saturday. Let those swim muscle rest was the idea.

Wednesda I did me leg thing at the gym which means I did sets of squats seperated by sessions on the treadmill. I ran 1.3 miles and hit the legs hard, like I was mad at them. In the pool. I sent for 2,000 yards.

Thursday, we met at the pool and were all-- Tyler, Vicki, and me-- almost killed by monster bugs. I survived long enought to swim 1,100 meters. Later in the day, I ran 6.05 miles.

Instead of going on bed rest, which would have been good, I went for a run Friday morning. I am trying to rebuild me weekly mileage for some big goals this winter and next spring. I shuffled 3.6 miles before Penny and I headed out for Noxapater.

Saturday, I swam about 300 meters warming up and then swam a hard 800 meters in the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. Our team won the relay division for the second year in a row. When I got home, I ran 5.57 miles to finish out my 20-mile week.

For the week, I

  swam 5,258 meters,
  lifted weights one time, and
  ran 20.82 miles

Now I need to turn in some big run numbers AND get back on the bicyle. Since Quadrathon I think I have ridden once and next Saturday in Bike, Blues[,] & Bayous. Yikes. Help me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment