Monday, July 4, 2022

6/27 - 7/3

It was a pretty good week, I think. Sometimes it is only after I write this post that I am fully able to comprehend if my training week was sufficient or insufficient. Huh? Yeah, often I think I tore it up but when I look at the final numbers, I am less than impressed.

Monday I got started right with a 20.14 mile bicycle ride. That day also saw me lifted some weights, do a short run of 1.29 miles, and swim 1,650 yards. Four workouts in one day is a strong day even if the workouts are a little slim.

Tuesday I swam 2,100 yards and did my Wade Road Loop of 7.26 miles. That day was a little light in the pool and totally minus the gym, but who can argue against 7.26 miles of road work? Wait a minute. I did lift so it was a pretty strong day.

Wednesday, Vicki and I rode longish going for 32.48 miles. That's real riding right there, I don't care who you are. I did legs at Plate City along with some treadmill for 1.11 miles. I even made it to the pool wheree I swam 1,200 long course meters.

For the fourth day of the week, I lifted some weights and met Tyler at the big pool. We swam 2,000 meters with some quality.

Friday I did my fun adventure run shuffling 9.01 miles and walking 2.02 miles. I had fun, spent some time on my feet and got the inspiration for several more runs out that way.

I closed the week out with some upper body lifting as well as some leg work at Plate City. Also, I ran a mere 1.52 miles.

For the week, I

cycled - 52.62 miles,
swam - 6,627 meters,
Skiergged - 8:05 minutes,
lifted weights - five times, and 
ran - 20.19 miles

That is a solid week, my first twenty miler in that past seven. When you add the cycling and the leg work at the gym, that's a lot of volume. The swimming was a little short, but I was having a shoulder flareup. I did not quit, but I cut back a lot, and I think I am now over it. Praise God. Next week, This week, I start back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment