Monday, April 20, 2020

4/13 - 4/19

Last week the numbers continued to mount in my training cycle while Randy Beets delusionaly thinks he's doing something sitting in a horse trough. Monday, I ran 4.13 miles, swam 3,313 meters, but did not lift. Tuesday, I ran 2,65 miles, swam 3,473 meters, and had an aggressive lifting session at Plate City. The three-a-days continued Wednesday with 3,884 in the pool, 2.83 on the road, and more iron moved at he gym. 

Thursday, I kept it up while Randy Beets still sat in that horse trough. I shuffled 3.07 miles, stroked 4,067 meters, and had my third gym session of the week. Friday, I did my big run with 6.75 miles but a mere 2,467 in the pool. Yes, I hit the weights again. Saturday I cut the swimming all the way down to 3,016, shuffled a minimum 1.81, but hit the weights like I was mad at them.

For the week, I 

swam 20,220 meters
ran 21.24 miles, and 
lifted weights five times.

That was a good week, my first 20/20 in a while. It sure beats a horse trough. That was, however, a huge reduction in the swimming from the week before. Since Chicot is now five months away instead of five weeks, I think I will train the water in a wave fashion, that is short builds and cut backs. Three weeks up and one week down should allow me to develop endurance and speed while staying relatively fresh. I will have to recalculate my peak for the next lifting cycle, but for now I have a few weeks left on this one.

Thank you, Jesus, for continued health.

No comments:

Post a Comment