Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Tuesday Train Train

The train train was back on track and running Tuesday. Pun intended. I did all three and not in a small way. Of course, I did not swim as long or as far as Monday. But I did a solid practice that I have distances for but not times. Why no times? My watch did a strange thing. It wasn't zeroing out when I lapped it so I reset it after each lap. Then I did not know how to retrieve the history. I swam

2,150
250 r:30
250 r:30 (the 250s were fast)
350 small paddles
1,500 back (my longest ever)
500 medium paddles
brick kick
375
total: 5,375 yards = 4,912 meters

That, coming back to back with Monday's 9,000, gives me 13,183 meters for two days, over eight miles.

I forgot again. I shuffle first. With John out, I have been swimming after lunch. I only did 1.77 because I am still trying to get my knee well. It gets a bit better daily. I'm attempting to ease the distance up to get back into half marathon shape. The legs can do it, but I fear a flareup of the knee if I push too hard.

It was clear, the weather, imagine that. At least it was clear by the time Penny got off work and came home. Actually I shuffle in a light rain. So I hit Plate City like I was mad at it. I benched

15 X 95
8 X 120
6 X 140
6 X 140
6 X 140
6 X 140
8 X 120

I did two set of log pressing and some cable work. I also did some squats. I performed my usual high rep first set of squats and then did something I had never done before: Zercher squats. That is where you lift the bar in the cuff of you elbows. You have to go very low and the weight is out in front of you. So if feels like a box squat on the bottom and a front squat half way up. That will not be the last time I do those because while I only did two light sets, my posterior chain was screaming at me and my quads were blown out.

It was as good, solid day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment