Friday, April 17, 2020

Back to Cold Water

Thorsday was a big one. I worked on registration first, calling all the students on my list who did not have a non-payment hold. At the end of the spring semester, I usually joke to my co-workers that I am going into the Witness Protection Program. I think these students are in it. I sent them all two emails to their school email accounts. Then I sent them another email to their non-student email address (over several days). After that, I called. If I could tell that the number was a cell phone, I texted. I got a whopping two responses, neither of which wanted a schedule. 

After stressing myself out over that, I hit the road for a shuffle. I went 3.07 miles, still in tights but it was warmer than Wednesday. I think spring is on the way. I hope.

At the pool, it was cold. Debbie texted in the morning that the heater was broken again. I had noticed Wednesday that the water felt 83. She told me it was actually 82 Wednesday. I was once so good at gauging water temps that if I and the thermometer did not say the same thing, I was sure you needed a new thermometer. Now I swim warm water every day that I don't measure. I developed that rusty skill swimming the fish ponds each year starting in February. As the season turned into spring, the water temps would vary wildly going up and down like a yo yo. I would set my thermometer out, swim, guess what the temp was, and then check it. I became so confident in my ability to get it right, that one day I and the thermometer disagreed by one degree. I was sure the instrument was wrong. I waited a few minutes and re-checked it. The thermometer had changed to what I said the water temp was. Really, I was that good. 

I swam

2,350 45:33
200 tt 3:04
100 back 2:28
1,000 medium paddles 18:25
150 tt 2:14
650 small paddles 12:34
total: 4,450 yards = 4,067 meters

At the gym, it was another one of those odd days. I did pulls and legs on Wednesday so nothing was due to be worked. So I mowed the lawn, started cleaning out an outbuilding, and lifted some anyway. I did rotators, shoulders, and biceps. On the facepull, I did

22 X 22
15 X 32
10 X 33
8 X 34

I also performed on set of Swim Pulls, five sets of lateral raises, and many sets of rotator work. It was a full and semi-productive day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment