Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Short Work, Short Write

I did three, but everything was a little off. At the pool, I got my comeuppance for all the showing out I did last week. The 30,000 meters and the heavy lifting left me flat, energyless, and slow. Normally I glance at my watch from time to time coming off the wall. The watch always tells the truth. Each time I did Monday, I saw that my pace was slow and slowing. Yeah, usually I get faster after warming up. Not this time. I had to use the restroom after 2,750. Getting back in, I went a mere 550 yards before I tapped for the day. That's right, I stopped after only 3,300 yards.

On the road I was not much any better. I shuffled only 2.35 and considered that good. At Plate City, I knew from the pool that my upper body was not ready to lift. I could have forced through it. It was push day but I decided to save that for Tuesday thus giving those muscles another day of recovery. Instead, I worked rotator cuffs, biceps (which rarely get direct work), plus I did two set of Swim Pulls, and one set of facepulls. That wasn't much, but I listened to my body and worked accordingly.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving me the wisdom to have some restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment