Sunday, April 19, 2020

Saturday

Mostly I took it easy Saturday. I did a short shuffle, 1.81 miles. I did not want to go too far, just get my twenty in. Actually that put me at twenty-one miles for the week an increase of six miles over the week before.

Since I ate a late breakfast, I did not eat lunch but I did snack on a banana and a glass of milk before I went to the pool at 1:30. I swam

2,400 45:37
200 back 4:38
300 medium paddles 5:26
400 25/25 free/back 8:35
total: 2,700 yards = 2,467 meters

That was what I wanted, a short and easy swim to finish off a step down week. An odd thing happened though. During my warm up, at about 1,500 yards, I had a sinking spell. It was like someone pulled the plug on my energy machine. Maybe is was a blood sugar thing although I have never had fluctuating sugar levels before. I just know that I was getting a good bite on the water, pulling hard and enjoying it, and then it went south all at once.

I did not feel like lifting. I was still under the spell of the sinking spell that started in the pool. But I went to Plate City anyway. I did three sets of squats, six sets of lat pull downs, some Swim Pulls, and the following dead lift session:

3 X 135
2 X 155
1 X 165
1 X 175
1 X 185
1 X 190 a new Association of Sports Strongmen world record

In short, it was another Randy Beetsdown day. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment