Monday, April 13, 2020

4/6 - 4/12

Another big training week is in the bank. The fact that I don't have any dates pinned down has not ameliorated my fervor to train. You never know when something is going to pop up. As Bill Clay often say, "Don't get ready. Stay ready." Sounds like good advice to me.

Monday I swam 3,300 yards or 3,016 meters and shuffled 2.35 miles. At the gym, I did the rotator and shoulder prehab stuff because I was not ready for one of my push or pull workouts.

Tuesday I was ready. But first I swam 9,200 yards in a straight swim. That took 2:52:05 @ 1:57. Later I shuffled 2.52 miles and then I hit it big at the gym doing pushes.

Wednesday the water numbers were 4,500 and the road numbers were 2.61. The gym was a place of struggling with big weights doing pulls and legs. Thursday I swam 5,025 yards, ran 2.66 miles, and did another big bout of shoulder prehab. 

Friday was my lazy day. I swam a mere 3,625 yards and did lots of lounging for the rest of the day. Saturday, however, I swam a smaller 2,750 yards, but busted out 5.71 miles on the road. The knee is back. If I can just resist getting crazy on it, I can now run. At Plate City, I hit the legs plus heavy rack pulls and some shoulder stuff. 

For the week, I

swam 25,955 meters,
ran 15.71 miles, and 
lifted weights five times.

The knee is back, the swimming is going well, and I am still finding some PRs under the bar. I am now at 335,018 meters (208 miles) in the water for 2020. Life is good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment