Thursday, April 9, 2020

Chicot Update

In my last post about Chicot 2020, I stated that the swim would not be cancelled nor postponed. Now I am hedging on that a bit. The swim will not be cancelled. I am, however, considering postponing the annual fundraiser. Here's why.

Everything is off kilter. That was one of the very reasons I did not want to postpone. But I am behind on everything: T-shirt design, publicity, fundraising, crew planning, and other things. Calls to the Lake Chicot State Park have left the possibility of even having a pontoon boat in question. The park manager I have dealt with for the past few years, Ocie Hunter, has retired. Attempts to reach the new park manager have all been unsuccessful. Calls to the marina have revealed that they don't know if they will even launch their boat this summer. Yes, the swim can be done without a pontoon, but it is much nicer, easier, and safer with one.

Not only all of that, but my wife wants to postpone. There is a major reason for that which I am not free to divulge at this time. She is a very private person and does not want certain plans we have known to the world. Personally, I don't care, but she does. 

The dates in play at this time are:

  June 6 (the original) plan
  September 19

What is wrong with all the months in between? The water gets very hot in late June, July, and August. Furthermore, Penny and I are going to be very busy during that time. That, by the way, is also a reason to hold it on its original schedule. If we get it done in June, then it is done, out of the way.

You dear friends who work the swim, God bless you and let me know your thoughts, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment