Wednesday, April 22, 2020

After Kicking Butt

After a busy few hours of setting up work for my students, I slid on my running shoes and slipped outside while it was still a.m. I did my short shuffle, going 2.85 miles, to work the running muscles and to crosstrain for swimming. 

Lunch with my bride was next. I picked us up a lunch at Greenwood Market Place. Then it was time for the pool. I had not swum long when Robert came in. I stopped and asked him about the status of the heater. "I just fixed it and turned it on. It should be heating now," he informed me. I put my hand over one of the vents. BINGO! It was blowing hot water.

I swam

2,400
15 X 50 @ 1:16
100 finger paddles
150 small paddles
200 medium paddles
250 large paddles
3 X 50 long paddles
100 back
total: 4,100 yards = 3,747 meters

I could feel some warmer spots in the pool as I trained. Then not so much. I checked the vent before I left. No hot water. I can take it, but John cannot. Poor guy. It's been weeks since he was in the water. First he was sick, then he could not contact his physician for permission, and now the heater.

Sigh.

At the gym it was pull day. One the one-armed bent row, I lifted

21 X 40
15 X 50
10 X 60
6 X 65
6 X 65
6 X 65

11 X 75 barbell bent row

Swim Pull

16 X 50
12 X 55
10 X 60

Facepulls

15 X 25
13 X 31
12 X 33.5
10 X 36

That's real training right there; I don't care who you are. It certainly is more than Randy Beets is doing. I do wish he could swim. I am sorry for all the swimmers who are locked out of their pools. I see it on Facebook everyday, swimmers whining, running, doing yoga, trying to stay in shape. One day this will all be over. Our world is strange right now. My faith and exercise are the constants in life that make things dependable. I am praying for those swimmers who can't do what they love. God bless you, and thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment