Friday, April 3, 2020

Thorsday

I put the hammer down again Thorsday. I shuffled in the morning, maybe a little too far for right now. I did 5.21 miles. Latter in the day, both knees felt a little gimpy. At the pool, I continued to swim like Randy Beets was racing me. While he sat in that horse trough, I swam

2,700 53:20
4 X 300 @ 5:30
  4:58
  4:59
  4:55
  4:55
600 medium paddles 11:05
25
brick kick (I was ten feet short)
600 small paddles
650 free/back 22:14
total: 5,775 yards = 5,278 meters

That was an excellent practice. It had volume, quality, strength, and stroke work. Sometimes you do a set and you know it is a good one. The 300s were like that. Those are long enough to keep the heart rate up a while and to make to muscles burn. But they are not so long, however, that I dread them. That swim put me at over 23,000 meters for the week, and I still have two days to go. This is a real Randy Beetsdown work.

Since I did not lift Monday, Tuesday I did both pushes and legs. Wednesday I did pulls. That left me with nothing for Thursday. I did lift, however, working on rotator cuffs and facepulls. So it was another three major workouts compared to the tall guy sitting in cold water. I wonder who is getting a better training effect?

Thank you, Jesus, for helping my life stay somewhat normal in these different times. Help Your church to pray. Help me to pray. Forgive us of our sins,help us to turn from them, and heal our land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment