Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Down One

Monday, I had a couple of appointments both of which fell through. That is one thing I have come to hate in life: waiting on someone. If you will wait, that is all you will do. I have been waiting for eleven years for eight electricians to come to my house. I have been waiting for 30 years for a certain woman to call and apologize to me. I have been waiting for forty-two years for my wife to be wrong about something, anything. When you schedule your day around someone else's promise, it always turns out bad for me. I know things happen, but why do they always happen when I am involved? Enough of my rant. Yes, I feel better. Wait, no I don't. It doesn't matter does it because you don't care and couldn't do anything about it if you did.

I ran in the morning to get something done. It was cool enough that I put my leggings on. It always gets cold just before of just after Easter. Like you didn't know that. This time it was both before and after. This time it is supposed to stay cold most of the week. We have two straight nights, beginning today, where the temps are predicted to go into the 30s. Then we have a 40s on tap. Then I hope it warms up. Springs are much colder than they used to be. 

For decades I ran the 10K at Kosciusko the last Saturday of April each year. The fire department always had a water spray for the runners to run through. We needed it. But over the past ten years, everyone ran around it because it was too cool. Last year they dropped the water spray. Springs are colder then they used to be. The cotton planting time has even shifted by two weeks because it is too cold to plant cotton on April the 15th now, the date all the farmers used to shoot for. You don't care do you. In fact, you never even noticed. But you are talking weather not climate, you protest. I am talking forty years of weather. That is climate. The climate has changed and it has grown colder.

I shuffled out Wade Road for a total of 4.13 miles. And I was cold for much of the run. That's because springs are colder than they used to be. You didn't notice did you?

After lunch, I went to the pool and swam

2,200 42:35
10 X 50 @ 1:16
400 medium paddles 7:36
brick kick
325 6:32
100 large paddles
100 long paddles
total: 3,625 yards = 3,313 meters

When I came home, Penny and I decided to go for a ride. When we got back from the ride, I was too tired to go to the gym. Riding wore me out. I went to sleep at 5:30 p.m. I got up after my nap, ate supper, and went back to bed. Was it the riding, the waiting, or the cold weather that ground me down? 

So I was down one, down one workout. That is OK. It was still a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment