Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Build Up, Countdown

Monday started build week two. It also started the countdown to the end of the semester. I worked pretty hard for a few hours before putting my shoes on and heading outdoors. I didn't want to drive the whole six miles to Malmaison Road so instead I shuffled around town. I decided on the loop around the river: the Keesler bridge, River Road, the river bridge. After I crossed the river, I changed plans and headed south on Cotton Street to make my way to the Spike Trail Park. That is a nice trail. I ran it west to one block short of the highway, then to the hospital track, over the bridge, and around the neighborhood until I amassed 4.55 miles. Job done.

After lunch and at the pool, I swam

2,450 47:45
1,150 tt 19:10 (new Association of Sports Swimmers world record)
600 medium paddles 11:10
200 back 4:46
total: 4,400 yards = 4,021 meters.

I mowed the lawn and then did bench presses. I pushed

  18 X 95
10 X 120
  7 X 140
  5 X 145
  3 X 150
  3 X 155
10 X 120

I was definitely stronger than last week. It's amazing. Once I start pushing 140 pounds, I always get stronger. I am thinking about on my next buildup to stop at 140 and add sets and reps and assistance exercises and see how that goes. I did a set of overhead dumbbell presses, a set of Swim Pulls, facepulls, and triceps push downs.

A solid day that beats the heck out of Randy Beets furtive swimming. I want the virtual meets to resume now. The COVID-19 thing has even stopped that. Wow.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day. Protect our health care workers in body, mind, and soul. Drive this scourge from our land, and may we be stronger, more healthy, and more trusting in You as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment