Thursday, April 30, 2020

Back on Track

Wednesday I got back on track with all three workouts. First, I swam a simple 4,600 yards straight in 1:30:02 at a 1:57 pace. I have shortened my swims since I pushed Chicot back until the fall. The day off and the stretching did the trick on the tendon and the shoulder felt fine. 

After swimming, I did my little shuffle of 2.86 miles. The weather was gorgeous. Besides the sunshine, a north wind was bringing in a chill and dry air that made it feel like late October. I caught myself listening for the Greenwood High School band to fire up preparing for the football game. Yes, the weather carried me back that far, to early 1970s on Fridays in October when we could hear the band before we ever headed to Bulldog Stadium to watch the game.

After my shuffle, I went to Plate City for legs. This is when I kept an ear turned south listening for the big drums of the band. I never post my leg weights because they are so light that it is that embarrassing. I did four sets of squats, one set of leg presses, and one set of kettlebell swings. Of course I did rotator work, but I backed off a little on that trying to give my shoulders a bit more rest.

It was a nice day. Thank you, Jesus, for good health and for that weather that brought back fond memories of bygone times.

No comments:

Post a Comment