Wednesday, April 15, 2020

All Three

I got them all Tuesday, all three workouts. First, I worked all morning on the computer doing school stuff. I'll probably do the same today. Then I went to the pool and swam

2,250 43:45
1,050 tt 17:06
500 medium paddles 9:11
total: 3,800 yards = 3,473 meters

How is that for simplicity? The 1,050 is a new Association of Sports Swimmers world record. Randy is still sitting in a horse trough. We competed in the 1,000 once, but I have never swum hard beyond that distance save for the time I did a one hour postal swim three or five years ago. Maybe it was seven. It's been on my mind for several weeks, to swim 50 yards over 1,000 for time. I just finally pulled the trigger on it. Now I am dreaming of working the distance up by 50 yards each time I repeat a version of that practice. I say a version because I will work my up warm up set also. That is an endurance/stamina practice. It hurt but it hurt good. I hated it and kind of liked it. I want more.

On the road, I shuffled 2.65 miles. It was still cool enough to need my tights. One day next month it will warm up. I am wanting to swim outdoors. Despite the fact that I have noticed for more than a decade that springs are getting colder, Facebook keeps bringing up Memories of me swimming in the fish ponds already three and five years ago. Is it that much colder now or am I just a sissy? 

After taking Monday off, I went to Plate City. The plan was to do both push and pull. I only did push. On the bench, I pressed

16 X 96
9 X 120
7 X 140
7 X 140
4 X 145
4 X 145
9 X 120

I am in a bit of a quandary here. I had planned to peak the Monday before the swim meet and then taper towards Chicot. With the meet postponed until whenever and Chicot's date still in the air, what to do? That, I suppose, is the place we all find ourselves in this strange time: what to do? We are having to feel our way through it like a confused man going though a factory in the dark.

I did one set of Swim Pulls, tons of rotator work, and on the facepull, I got

20 X 20
16 X 26
12 X 21
10 X 33.5

And Randy Beets is sitting in a horse trough. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment