Thursday, May 12, 2022

A Really Big Day

I had one of my biggest training days ever Wednesday. It started with Tyler and me heading out early. We met at 5:15 with the idea of riding 40 miles. To make a short story long, we rode 46 miles together. I get an additional two miles of riding to and from his house so I finished with 48.17. I took a nap afterwards and was still for a long time. 

Eventually, I did get up for a 3.02 mile run. Not only that, but I went to Plate City afterwards to work on legs. I didn't do a lot, just one warmup set and one high-rep set of squats with some treadmill work in between. Yeah, I'm bad like that. I added the .22 I did on the treadmill to my run total for the day giving me 3.24 miles. With the weights, at this point I was at three workouts for the day.

Really? You thought I stopped there? Not on your life. I met Tyler at the big pool where we undoubtedly made some gains. We swam 1,000 in 21:44 as a warmup. Then we did a 700 countdown set. I don't want to explain a countdown set right now. Suffice to say it involves a lot of gear shifting. After the 700 countdown, we did 600 easy. Up next was a 200 for time followed immediately be 500 easy. We finished up with 100 for time followed by a 1,000 easy cooldown. Tyler had to leave after 200 on the cooldown giving him 3,300 and me 4,100 long course meters. 

That my friend, is good training, I don't care who you are. Four workouts, a 48-mile bicycle ride, a 3.24-mile run, a lower body weight session, and 4,100 meters of swimming that included some tough quality is one full day of preparation for the world's first quadrathon. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment