Sunday, May 15, 2022

Finishing Up

Saturday was a big day, a day of finishing up. Remember I wrote about my goals for the week? I was aiming for a 20/20 week plus 100 miles on the bicycle. Thursday morning I completed the 100 miles of cycling. Saturday morning, I first went to the pool where I had things whittled down to needing a mere 2,200 yards to hit the elusive goal of a 20,000 meter water week. Believe it or not, it was not an easy chore. My swimming muscles were tired from Friday's 5,200 yards. But I did it and finished the second of the three distance goas I had set for myself.

Luckily, the temps were warm but not hot by the time I headed out the door for some roadwork. I needed 8.5 miles to finish out my 20-mile week. I kept going for 10.43 miles. Yeah, I solid run when coupled with last Saturday's 30.31, should have plenty of running endurance in my legs for Quadrathon.

Although I lifted weights three times this week, I had planned to go for number four Saturday evening. Fatigue, however, got the best of me so I took a shower instead. Still not a bad day. At the pool, I worked by other strokes and even swam a 25 of butterfly. On the road I went long finished out a big week exactly three weeks from the long-awaited event. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment