Tuesday, May 10, 2022

The Best-laid Plans

I decided to start this week off right so I determined to beat all of last week's numbers. First, Tyler and I met up for an early morning ride. The birds were trying to outdo themselves with singing and flying and hunting yards. We went out Wade Road due to the high wind and rode back and forth on it. I got home with 17.41 miles on my watch, up .2 from last week.

I ran some errands then ran. Last week it was 2.74 miles. This week I went 3.55. Then I mowed the back lawn and did some other stuff. 

Tyler and I met at the pool. We have been swimming the big pool. When I drove up, however, the pool was filled with kids. Back in the day, I would just have to go home mad. Now we have a back up in the little pool. We swam

  2,000 (in about 35:00. We used Tyler's watch because my battery was down)
  8 X 50 @ WIFL
  2 X 25/25 breast/free
  1 X 50 breast
  1 X 50 back
  total: 6,600 yards = 2,376 meters

Last week I only swam 2,200 meters on day one. So I am off to a big start and the week looks promising. How will it turn out? There is an old saying about the best-laid plans of mice and men and quadrathetes. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment