Friday, May 27, 2022

Day Seven: Countdown to Quadrathon

The day off did me some good. I felt like training on the seventh day before our Quadrathon. I did start the day slowly with lots of coffee and writing on the computer. Later in the morning, I began training with a run of 4.54 miles. On the run, I found a porta-potty that saved my from a tough situation. Thank you, Jesus.

In the afternoon, I went to the pool where I swam

  1,150 22:28
  4 X 25 breast
  50 medium paddles
  total: 1,300 yards

OK. I wimped out a bit there. But something is always a thousand times better than nothing.

After working hours, Tyler and I met up at Plate City. We started with squats, did some bench pressing, and some deadlifting. We hit the squats really hard. I had quivering quads before the session was done. On the deadlift, I went up to 250. I felt like there was more, but I stopped. My PR is 265. My goal for Quadrathon is 270.

We are now within the seven day weather forecast and so far it is looking OK. I'll be looking everyday. Also, I will be buying some supplies and making plans to have everything laid out for D Day. Thank you, Jesus, for the coming quad. Bless our fundraising because it has been a little slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment