Friday, May 20, 2022

Activity at Plate City

I really fell off the cliff Thursday. Since I was scheduled to speak at a joint meeting of the Kiwanis and Lions clubs, and since Tyler runs on Thursday mornings, I did not get out of bed, but slept in and spent the morning in preparation for the noon civic club meeting. The meeting went well, from my perspective, and the Kiwanis made a donation to the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi. So far, the fundraising has been a little slow, but here a little there a little and it adds up.

So I did not ride. I did not run. After the lunch get together, as usual, I felt washed out. Speaking, even something as natural as I did Thursday, always wears me out. So I took some naps and snacked. I never eat much before I speak so I was hungry when I got home. Too bad because the food at the Country Club is really good.

My old friend DC contacted me about working out. We set a time so I figured I would lift alone. We have set time dozens of time before. I did not believe for one second that he would show up, but guess what? He did.

I only had him do a little bit. Besides having questionable health, he has bad carpel tunnel in both wrists. So I had him do some super light bench presses and three sets on the seated dip machine. With the bench press, he could just cradle the bar. On the seated dip, he could push down using only his palms. I was going to put him on the leg extension and leg curl machine, but his wife called and demanded that he come home right away. Well, it's a start. He needs to do something physical.

I did push and pull and finished with the Skierg. So that was all I did, the one  workout. That's better than a poke in the eye. A little bit. Thank you, Jesus, that DC showed up, and thank you for the chance to speak and the donation. Now help me get back to training.

No comments:

Post a Comment