Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Two Eat Outs in One Day

Monday morning Tyler and I were back on the road, back in the saddle, back in training for Quadrathon. The Day of Judgment is a mere 16 days away. I am getting a little excited. I think T man is too. We rode 17.11 miles. Our legs are definitely Quad ready, at least ready for the riding portion. The trick will be adding the running and all that lifting to it. I feel confident, however, that we will get it done. And you know what I thing about confidence don't you? I have long said that it is overrated. But a little confidence is not a bad thing. Not at all.

After our ride, I showered and drove to Winona for the Preacher's Breakfast. This was the first one I had attended in a while. Since normally I am at work when they meet, I don't get to go until school is out. I told the guys about Quadrathon and even passed out index cards with my mailing address and the DFM's name in case they wanted to donate. No one said they would. Not one asked any questions. All I, we, can do in that regard is pray. Lord touch some hearts.

I did a little run in the late morning. I went 3.76 miles. I could tell that the humidity was low. It felt good out there. After the run, I checked and the dew point was 65. Most areas of the country consider a dew point of 65 as "oppressive humidity." Around here a dew point of 65 feels like mid-October. I didn't even sweat. Yehaa.

I was feeling so good, I even called John. We had Over 60s that night so my swim with Tyler was out. John has been swimming on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We have been swimming together on Fridays, only he stood me up last Friday. He never showed even after I called him and set the time. I expected him to be late, but I did expected him to show. He didn't. Well, this time he turned me down. "It's my birthday," he said like that was an excuse. I always do some sort of physical challenge on my birthday. But not John. So alone I swam

  1,600
  4 X 100 breast/free (broken)
  2 X 50 breast
  100 easy
  total - 2,200 meters

Then Penny and I went to Over 60s for my second eat out of the day. The irony is that last week I had a good food week. I actually lost a few pounds. I have another breakfast, a lunch, and at least one more dinner out this week. God save me from fatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment