Thursday, May 19, 2022

Darn Tootin'

Tyler, Vickie, and I rode before the sun came up. Richard Beatty was a no-show. Again. I finished with 21.72 miles. DC, my old friend, were scheduled to have breakfast at Acy's that morning. I got off my bicycle, into the shower, and was at his house on time. He forgot. What else is new? Eventually, he got ready and we went. Any short-order cooking at Acy's is the best, and I mean the best. Their PoBoys are better than Crystal's. Their hamburgers are the best I've ever had. And breakfast there is enough to make you howl at the moon, and the moon wasn't even up. I ordered my usual: three eggs over easy, grits, toast, and one slab of sausage. Plus coffee, half a pot. It was good, yeah.

So I did a bicycle ride, breakfast at Acy's and then went home and drank more coffee. Eventually, I got up and took a run. Tuesday's bike ride and six-mile run had me wobbly legged. I only did 1.34 miles, but it was more to my total. 

Yeah, I did more. Besides mowing the front lawn, I went to Plate City for leg work. Leg work? Yeah, I'm bad like that. I only did three sets of squats, but I also did some extensions, some curls, and deadlifts up to 250 pounds. Yeah, I'm strong like that.

Not on your life.

What?

You thought I stopped there. I went to the pool.

And?

I didn't do much. But anything is a thousand times better than nothing. I swam

  2,000
  2 X 50 fast
  practiced dolphin kick
  total: 2,100 metes

And then?

A nap. TV watching. Supper. Lounging. Cats.

You deserved it.

Darn tootin.

No comments:

Post a Comment