Monday, May 2, 2022

BBU 25

BBU 25 was an odd week since I was tapering for the big swim meet and Tyler and I were transitioning to a new schedule in our training. Monday we rode early putting in 17.22 miles. I did not get in a run, but I did do a swim practice with Tyler amounting to 2,300 yards.

Tuesday we rode for 17.94 miles. I found time to run but not to swim. On the road, I did 4.14 miles. Wednesday was interesting. We cycled before work for 18.72 miles. I made a small run of 2.18 miles and Tyler was insistent that we swim the big pool. For me, it was cold. Later, Garmin Connect told me that the water temperature was 72. We warmed up  with 1,200 meters, and then did some sprints.

Thursday we met a few minutes earlier and rode22.17 miles. Besides my 1.13 miles of roadwork, I went back inside for a short swim of 1,150 yards. Friday I did nothing. Penny and I left early for the coast. We stopped in Jackson for a little shopping and had a nice supper with friends on Beach Boulevard.

Saturday was the swim meet. I warmed up with 550 yards. Then I swam six races: 50 breast, 50 back, 50 free, 100 free, 200 free, and 500 free. The reason I swam six was they wouldn't let me swim seven. I will write a full post on the meet. It was nice. I enjoyed myself and exceeded my expectations.

Sunday, we went to church and lounged after lunch. For the week, I

  ran - 8.47 miles,
  Skiergged - 5:20
  cycled - 76.05 miles,
  lifted weights - one time, and
  swam - 5,878 meters

Although the running mileage was down, the lifting was down, the swim numbers were down, and the Skierg numbers were down, the meet confirmed my swim fitness, and the cycling that Tyler and I did is what we need right now. And we got that done. We put some bicycle fitness in the bank. Quadrathon is exactly one month from today. I am looking forward to it. So is my teammate. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment