Thursday, May 26, 2022

Day Eight: Countdown to Quadrathon

Day eight of the countdown has come and gone. I did not train at all. What!?!?!? First, we, Penny and I, went to Zane's (our grandson's) graduation from the eight grade. We enjoyed the ceremony, and we enjoyed seeing our daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, and grandson. After the ceremony, we drove to Cleveland and had nice lunch at the Mexican place over by Walmart. It was good, yeah. 

When Penny and I got home, I was tired and took a nap. Eventually, I got up and went to the pool. I was still tired. There were swimming lessons going on in the little pool, and I did not have the stuff to get into the big pool. It was 77 degrees cold Monday. Since then we have had big rain and a cold night. I just could not make myself do it. I went home and rested. Sometimes rest is the best training you can do.

The weather forecast looks good, but it is still too many days in the future for me to have confidence in. God help us. Quadrathon cometh. Even so, let it come, Lord Jesus, let it come.

No comments:

Post a Comment