Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Day Nine: Countdown to Quadrathon

Tuesday brought us to nine days out from the big deal. Instead of riding, we met at Plate City early for some serious weight training. We included Tyler, Vicki, and me. Tyler worked the bench press since he has missed two straight weeks of the gym. Life happens and we sometimes are forced to just do the best we can do. Since I lifted Monday, I did pull movements. Pee Wee enjoyed having the crew back. He heard them in their cars long before they arrived. His ears perked up and he look west towards the street. When they pull up in the driveway, he always looks up at me as if to ask, "Is it really Tyler of Vicki?" I always answer him.

I snuck out for a 2.12 mile shuffle. Actually, I did that on Plate City's new treadmill. The weather was thunder storming, and I did not want to get on the open road. So I ran the treadmill. A generous donor replaced the gym's broken treadmill. It is nice to have one at times like Tuesday.

I went to the little pool for workout number three and swam a total of 2,250 yards which comes out to 2,047 meters. Hitting it hard was not in my belly but I did some work. 

Tuesday was the first day that my phone had a weather forecast for June 2. It looks good now, but I don't trust it until we get down to five days. The five day forecast is usually pretty accurate. I heard a meteorologist say once that anything over seven days is witchcraft. I believe him. Beyond seven days, they are guessing. Anyway, I will be looking every day until the day. If you pray, pray that God would grant us good weather, good health, good safety, and good fundraising. Let it be, Lord, let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment