Monday, May 9, 2022

BBU 26

My Quadrathon training hit full stride last week and not a moment too soon. The quad is exactly 24 days away. Yehaa. The big event of the BBU (Big Build Up) is rushing towards us like the wind on a windshield at highway speed. The week went like this:

Monday started on the bicycle with a 17.21-mile ride before work. After work, I ran 2.74 miles. Later, Tyler and I swam the big pool for a 2,200 meters. The water was 75 degrees cool. The three workouts gave me an OK start.

Tuesday, all the numbers were down. On the bicycle, we only went 14.12 miles. On the road, I only ran 2.12 miles. And in the pool, I only swam 2,100 meters. But in addition to all of that, I also lifted weights making it a four-workout day. 

Wednesday was a lazy day. I did not run. I did meet my training partner for a 17.21 mile bicycle ride, and we did hit the pool for 2,300 meters. 

Thursday was another lazy day where I once again failed to run. But I started the day with a 32.56 mile bicycle ride with my buddy. In addition to that, I swam 2,550 meters, and lifted weights. According to my math, that's three training sessions.

Friday, however, I was down to two training sessions. A short run of 1.73 miles added to a strong swim of 2,600 meters, brought my swimming numbers up into a respectable range.

Saturday was a busy one. First, I attended the Greenwood Mentoring Group's annual Prayer Breakfast. They fed us well, and it was a nice event. Then I studied some for Sunday. After that, I went by Forrest's new house. Finally, I went out for a run. For two straight weeks, my running has been in the cellar. I brought it out into the daylight Saturday with a 10.31 mile shuffle. That will put some endurance back into the wheels. 

Robert from Twin Rivers fixed the new treadmill so we are back in business there. Plate City took another giant step forward. Then I did a leg workout, squatting and walking on the treadmill between sets. My mind exploded with ideas. 

For the week, I

  swam 13,250 meters,
  skiergged 16:50 minutes,
  ran 16.9 miles,
  lifted weights three times, and
  cycled 81.13 miles.

Is that good training? You're dog gone tootin. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment