Thursday, May 5, 2022

Swimming the Big Pool

I haven't written anything about training this week. We are in finals at school and those few days are always a death struggle for me. But I am home this morning. I work tomorrow and then I am off for the summer. Yehaa!!!

Monday morning Tyler and I were on the road before work for 17 miles. I ran after work for 2.74 miles then met Big T at the pool, the outdoor one. We swam 2,200 as

  100
  1,300
  400 count down set
  6 X 50
  100 easy

The water temp was 75, up three degrees from last Thursday. It's not pleasant for me getting started, but swimming at that temp feels good. 

Tuesday, despite having crazy day at work, I did four workouts. Huh? Yeah, I did. First, Big T and I pedaled a short but enjoyable 14.12 miles. Somewhere I snuck in 2.12 miles of roadwork. Then I went to the pool, the outdoor one again and swam 2,100. At 6:00 p.m., Tyler and I met up at Plate City for workout number four. We did push and pull to finish out one full day.

Wednesday we rode again, 17.24 miles. Tyler could not make the pool, but I swam a pretty nice practice. I warmed up with 1,500, then did a hard 350, and followed that with 7 X 50. The easy 100 cool down gave me 2,300 meters. The water, by the way, had warmed to 78.

No comments:

Post a Comment