Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Day Two: Countdown to Quadrathon

Crazy Man Quadrathon is two days away. We, Tyler and I, have been training for this for six months. Are we ready? Physically we should be fit enough. Today, although I will exercise some, I will spend some of the day making preparations: purchasing drinks, candy bars, gels, and such. Candy bars? Yes. Candy bars and ice-cream make great endurance food. 

I realize the irony here, to be doing a fundraiser for the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi and to be fueling the physical effort with less then diabetically appropriate food. But one must remember that bad carbs are good carbs when doing extreme physical endeavors. The body needs easy calories and lots of them. So get over it. Don't give me any grief. 

Yes, I did train some Memorial Day. Early, Vicki and I did a short ride out Wade Road, my last until the Quad. I put in 12.3 miles and was good with that. Just a touch to get fresh and keep from de-training. 

It was the same with running. Forrest and Paul usually have a cookout on Mem Day. They recently moved and their new house is large, nice, and well decorated. There was plenty of room for everyone. I shuffled the 1.78 miles over there. The weather was so pleasant that I barely got damp with sweat.

Of course we ate too much food. The hamburgers were slap your momma good. And Claudia Henson's baked beans were out of this world. Penny's banana pudding was stomach stretching tasty. When it was all over, I waddled out the door to get into my wife's vehicle to ride home.

After a nap, I did go to the pool. There, I performed some real training. Not only do we have Quadrathon coming up Thursday, but two days later, I have a swim meet in Meridian. 

What?!?!?! 

Yeah, I'm bad like that. 

In the little pool, I swam

  2,500 51:45
  6 X 25 breast
  1 X 50 breast
  2 X 75 breast with small paddles
  2 X 50 25/25 back/breast
  100 medium paddles
  total: 3,050 yards = 2,757 meters

So it was a pretty good day. No, I did not lift. I wanted to but now it is too late. I will not touch any weights until Thursday when it is on. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment