Friday, May 13, 2022

Bad like That

Although I haven't mentioned it, I started the week with some definite, aggressive goals. In the past, I have mentioned that when I wore a younger man's running shoes, I thought of a 20/20 week as the gold standard of training. 

What's that you say?

Remember, a 20/20 week is one in which I run at least 20 miles and swim at least 20,000 meters all within the same seven days. It's kind of hard to do. Well, that wasn't aggressive enough for me so I added 100 miles on the bicycle on top of all of that. So my goal for this week is to hit 20/20/100. This is my big volume week for Crazy Man Quadrathon. One hundred miles on the bicycle has always been sort of equivalent to a 20-mile running week. It is enough volume to lay a foundation of basic fitness. 

How's it going?

Thursday morning, I finished the bicycle with an easy 13.2 mile ride. I am now putting the bicycle aside until Monday morning. On the run, I am only half way there. In the pool, I have to bust it out big today to have a chance to finish Saturday. The pool numbers are always the most difficult ones to get. 

After the ride, I took a short and easy 1.25-mile run. Why so short? Remember Wednesday I rode 48 miles, ran 3.24, and did a squat workout. In short, my legs needed butter Thursday: they were toast.

In the pool, I hit 3,600 meters as

  1,800
  200
  4 X 50 @ WIFL
  100 paddles
  6 X 50 WIFL
  9 X 100 @ 2:30 with paddles
  100 easy

That was a strong practice right there. After that, I went to Plate City and did workout number four. Yeah, another four-workout day. I'm bad like that. So the training is going well. I plan to take it easy today, hoping for a short run and a long pool swim. Thank you, Jesus, for a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment