Thursday, March 23, 2017

Wednesday Weights

I chose not to go to the pond Wednesday. I am in the build stage but not yet to the point where I have to get every yard possible. I've had two consecutive good swims at the pond this week, and I surmised a change up, some strength work would be beneficial. Today, I will skip the pond agian, though it is the temp is right and the temptation high. Instead I plan to make it to DSU for some more change up, some sprinting and breathing drills, and long-course pool swimming. At Plate City, I benched

10 X 70
10 X 100
9 X 120
6 X 140
6 X 140
6 X 140
4 X 145 This is as high as I plan to go in weight. Soon I will start cutting days, then sets, then reps as the big swim draws nigh.

On the Swim Pull, I did

55 X 21.5 + 2 washers
33 X 26.5 + 3 washers
10 X 28 + 3 washers
11 X 28 + 3 washers
12 X 28 + 3 washers

lat raise

20 X 8
20 X 8
20 X 8
20 X 8

cords

10/10 pink
10/10
10/10
10/10

That made for a pretty good workout. My strength is a little higher than this time last year, and I have swum more meters.I have not run, however, but that doesn't seem to be hurting my distance swimming. I think it is maybe hurting me some on things like a hard 400. I notice then I don't have the wind I think I need to have. 

Tonight I go to DSU because Tabby Cat wants a shot a whipping me in the water. I ain't going down easy girl.

This morning the birds were singing like a riot. Thank you, God. Bless the birds today. Keep them all from violent deaths. Protect every cat someone loves. And help all the people on my prayer list. Praise your name for what You did for Patsy Misterfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment