Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pool Night

When I left work Tuesday afternoon, I was so upset my vision wasn't working properly. Really. No, I didn't get into trouble, and no, I'm not explaining. If you are concerned, please help me pray that if they try it, someone will go into an epileptic seizure and after the EMTs leave if they try to take another vote, another one will go into a seizure. Seriously. God can do this, and it needs to be done if things come to that.

I went to see my grandchildren. That always makes me feel better. "I love you, Poppy," was the first thing little Zane said to me. The world was suddenly better.

I had a big night at the pool. On deck stood the Mad Swimming Scientist, looking all the part of an evil genius, a crazed torturer of innocent souls swimmers. In the water were Tabby Cat, Dr. Mark, the Grand Duke of swimming, and Rick the Druggie, and me, the Chicot Challenger. Practice started with a 

900 meter warm up (Thanks, Tabby). Then the Mad Swimming Scientist ordered up 

2 X 400 1st paddles 75 not fast/25 fast; 2nd pull buoy 50/50, then
50 easy
4 X 200 1 - 2 paddles 75/25; 3 - 4 buoy 50/50
100 easy
8 X 100 1 - 4 paddles 75/25; 5 - 8 buoy 50/50
100 easy
end of Masters. Then I swam
3,250 straight in 57:38 @ 1:46
total: 6,800 yards = 6,215 meters.

This is the kind of training I need. I could tell when I arrived home that my arms and chest were tired. I now need to work up to longer distances without the fatigue. There is no way to do Chicot without some really long swims.

God has given thus far. Praise be to His Holy Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment